CONTACTING THE FOUNDATION
The Oracle Education Foundation (the Foundation) respects user privacy and supports initiatives to preserve individual privacy on the Internet. We welcome any comments or questions users may have, and you should feel free to contact us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information may be submitted to the Foundation for purposes of: (a) receiving information from us; (b) applying for grant programs offered by the Foundation; or (c) determining whether partner candidate organizations further the specific charitable purpose of the Foundation. The practices described in this Policy also apply to any Personal Information you provide to us in writing or by telephone.
Personal Information that is submitted to the Foundation may include:
- First and Last name
- Email Address
- School/Partner Candidate Organization Name and School/Partner Candidate Organization Address
- Mailing Address
- Telephone number
- Team member demographic data
- Partner Candidate Organization Number of employees
- Age of Partner Candidate Organization
- Partner Candidate Organization website address
- Partner Candidate Organization type
- Partner Candidate Organization officers and authorized signatories
Summaries of demographic data may be published in aggregate form only.
THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO ANY INDIVIDUAL UNLESS ALL REQUISITE PERMISSIONS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED IN ADVANCE. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO THE FOUNDATION THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO SUBMIT THE PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION, PARTNER PARTICIPATION PROGRAMS AND OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH US.
The Site automatically tracks certain information about your behavior during your visit. The information gathered includes the URL from which you accessed this Site, as well as certain information about your web browser and IP address (Usage Data). This information enables us to determine where users are coming from and which parts of our Site they are using. We collect and store this aggregate Usage Data in order to measure the Site's performance and improve the Site's design and functionality. We may also share this aggregate Usage Data with third parties to illustrate how the Site is used and for other marketing or benchmarking purposes. In no event does any Usage Data contain any personally identifying information about our users.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information you submit as follows:
- Grant Applications: A Coach may choose to submit information to the Foundation to apply for a grant program. We will use this information to determine your eligibility for the grant and communicate with you regarding your application.
- Correspondence and Miscellaneous Queries: Any Personal Information submitted as part of an inquiry will be used to respond to your question and undertake any further action as may be required by your request.
- Partner Eligibility: Certain partner candidate organizations may desire to become a Partner (as defined below) and may choose to submit information to the Foundation in order to be considered for such opportunity. We will use this information to determine whether your organization furthers the specific charitable purpose of the Foundation and to conduct internal Foreign Public Charity Equivalency reviews as necessary.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Other than as described in this section, the Foundation, its parent corporation, subsidiaries and Partners (as defined below) do not share your Personal Information with undisclosed third parties and the information is never used for marketing, or other non-educational related functions. Other than as described below, the Foundation, its parent corporation, subsidiaries and Partners do not sell or rent Personal Information collected via this Site to third parties nor will your Personal Information or the Personal Information of others be used for any commercial purposes.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your Personal Information:
- To employees of Oracle U.S.A. and/or its subsidiaries for the purpose of operating the Foundation;
- To unaffiliated educational organizations, such as departments of education, ministries of education and universities which collaborate with the Foundation pursuant to written contracts (Partners) and which are required to uphold and maintain the Foundation's policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Personal Information;
- To the Foundations attorneys if necessary to complete a Foreign Public Charity Equivalency review; and/or
- To law enforcement personnel and agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other prohibited activities.
Any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided or is otherwise required.
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or transfer of substantially all of the assets of the Foundation, Personal Information and/or Usage Data submitted by you via this Site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of the Foundation in order to permit the party to continue the operation of the Site. Subject to your ability to opt-out as described below, by using this Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING
Our Partners are located throughout the world. Accordingly, information may be sent worldwide to countries that have a different level of privacy protection than the United States. By using our Site, or providing information to the Foundation, you understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of information in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this Policy. You hereby consent to the collection, processing and disclosure by the Foundation of your Personal Information as described under this Policy, including but not limited to the transfer of your Personal Information between the Foundation and its Partners in accordance with this Policy. For further certainty, any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable Personal Information to a jurisdiction which may have a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
Registered Users may "opt-out" of (1) receiving communications from the Foundation (except for communications necessary for your use of the Site), or (2) any other consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your personally identifiable information (including your consent to our sharing your information with our Partners), by contacting the Foundation.
REVIEWING OR CHANGING INFORMATION
You may ask to review, change or delete information previously provided to us by contacting the Foundation.
This Policy applies only to www.oraclefoundation.org. The Foundation, its affiliates and subsidiaries operate many websites for different purposes and in multiple jurisdictions where local laws may apply. This Site includes links to certain affiliated sites, and to other educational resource and non-profit websites, including access to content, products and services of such affiliated and non-affiliated sites (Other Sites). When you click on a link to these Other Sites, you will leave this Site. Prior to accessing Other Sites or non-Foundation content via this Site, we urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked or framed site prior to submitting any personally identifiable information.
The Foundation takes seriously the security of the information it collects. The Foundation has therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to, such information, reasonably appropriate to the nature of the data concerned.
The Foundation may, in its sole discretion, update this Policy at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended Policy on this Site. The amended Policy shall be effective upon posting and flagged to indicate it has been updated. Your access to or use of the Site following an update shall be deemed consent to the revised Policy. We urge each visitor to refer back to this page regularly and especially prior to providing or updating any Personal Information.
LAST UPDATED: January 2008